British Telecommunication is the wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group that provides telecommunication services, network services, and communication services in more than 180 countries.
The BT Group is a renowned company listed on London Stock Exchange. At the closing of 2021, the BT revenue was estimated to be 21,331 m sterling.
British Telecommunication provides the following activity in the UK.
- Range of products and services related to mobile
- Provision of broadband, fixed voice, mobile, and TV.
- Range of network to consumers and business sector customers.
It provides the following services to the global customers
- It supports IT operations and services globally.
- It provides security and managed services all over the world.
Brief History of BT
BT is the first telecommunication company worldwide founded by George Parker Bidder, Joseph Lewis Ricardo, and Sir William Fothergill Cooke.
The company was founded way back in 1846. Since then, it has done a commendable job in telecommunication.
Many employees of BT lost their lives in the First World War (1914 – 1918) and the conflict period of 1939 – 1945.
Though the end of the First World War marked a new beginning for the company, it set a milestone. BT has taken the initiative to launch the memorial for all the commemorated employees at the time of war.
8,858 General Office workers lost their lives during the war that joined the armed forces.
BT has four customer-facing lines of business – Global, Open reach, Consumer, and Enterprise. The company continuously endeavors to develop innovative solutions, but the Digital and Network service units support the lines of businesses.
- The BT provides the unbreakable Wi-Fi network with the speed that every customer expects.
- Their technology covers around 90 % of the UK, and broadband availability covers more than 99 % of the UK.
- Their mobile device runs with the technology of EE network, 4G and 5G speed.
- Currently, BT has more than 30 million customers, and more than 600 stores are available at different locations.
- The BT is committed to providing services to every enterprise covering big organizations, small businesses, start-ups, government departments, and public sectors.
- It offers mobility, IT services, fixed voice, and fiber connectivity.
- It provides media and broadcasting services to the BBC, ITV, Sky, Channel 4, and Premier League Production.
- In the world of technology, technology keeps changing. Thus, BT works on the technology innovation parameter and strives to provide the customers with the latest technological aspects.
- It provides cloud-based, flexible, and software-defined business solutions to the customers.
- Digital transformation is vital to meet customer needs, so BT focuses on bringing innovative ideas to the market.
- It provides state-of-the-art business solutions that are not only adaptable but helps in the overall product development.
- Another prominent feature offered by BT is security, knowing that businesses are exposed to security threats; BT provides the protection to safeguard the data and other critical business information from cyber attacks.
- BT brings forth a secure network that helps in complex activities. The big organizations have a complex network connecting different devices and hence many applications running simultaneously. To suffice this need, the BT provides a robust and secure network.
- It helps in the smooth operation of cloud-based applications, Adobe creative suites, VoIP payment systems, etc.
In October 2018, Openreach became a separate company from BT, but it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BT Group. Though it has its strategies, it supports the BT Group by maintaining the connectivity network in proper condition.
- Openreach provides the network to around 28.6 million homes and businesses that can get a speed of up to 30 Mbps.
- 6.5 million homes and businesses have the facility of ultrafast full fiber broadband.
- Around 15.7 million homes and businesses have a fiber network.
Strategic Alliance of BT
BT works on the three strategies
Building the strongest foundation
- It creates the most robust foundation based on the latest development by providing the technical solution.
- It invests in various technologies like G, network capabilities, and fiber to build the most reliable customer network.
- On the other hand, it produced a culture for employees where they get the chance to learn and grow.
Creating a standout customer experience
- BT takes care of customer needs from every perspective as the ultimate goal is customer satisfaction. It provides a more innovative and differentiated solution to the customer.
- It provides the latest technology and unique innovations, but it also keeps in mind the importance of data security to the customers.
Working for the bright future
- They are investing in new technologies to meet the needs of every organization.
- The new inventions are vital, but at the same time, it focuses on generating a green economy and considers the impact on environmental changes.